STRAYER ACC 578 Assignment Data Analysis and Fraud Investigation New Work
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
For more classes visit
“Data Analysis and Fraud Investigation” Please respond to the following:
• Imagine that you have been hired as a fraud examiner to review the risk of fraud at a major retailer. Analyze the data analysis tools available to you and propose a plan for which tools you will use. Provide a rationale for your plan.
• Your company’s management suspects that fraud has been committed. You have been tasked by your company management to develop a fraud investigation plan related to this suspected fraud. Develop a strategy to implement a plan and propose what your plan will accomplish
“Audit Objectives and Computer Analysis” Please respond to the following:
• You have been tasked by your audit manager to develop an audit plan of a major bank. Propose the key elements of your audit plan and the end result you expect from implementing the audit. Justify the key elements you chose for the plan.
• From the e-Activity, analyze the systems the company used and propose a computer analysis plan that would have detected the fraud. Support your analysis with examples.
“Fraud Detection Techniques” Please respond to the following:
• You suspect that the payroll manager is stealing from the company. Construct a plan that would reveal the theft, and recommend techniques that could be used to expose the fraud and also to prevent future payroll fraud. Support your plan with examples.
• You are preparing to train company management on money laundering prevention and detection. Analyze money-laundering techniques and develop training materials based on your analysis.
“Trend Analysis and Simulations” Please respond to the following:
• You have been hired as a consultant to a retailer to detect suspected fraud. Propose a fraud scheme and propose how you would analyze data to detect the source of the fraud. Support your analysis with examples and rationale.
• You are an auditor for a local bank. Predict the types of fraud that are most likely to occur at the bank and propose steps that would mitigate or eliminate the potential for fraud. Provide a rationale for your proposal.
“Known Fraud Symptoms” Please respond to the following:
• Your management suspects there may be employment fraud occurring at the company. You have been assigned to investigate management’s suspicions. Evaluate the most likely types of employment fraud and recommend preventive measure to mitigate or eliminate employment fraud. Support your recommendation with examples.
• You are the purchasing manager for XYZ Company. Management has accused you of receiving kickbacks from a vendor. You deny the assertion. Analyze the likely reasons that management would be accusing you of this fraud. Based on your analysis, develop a defense to their claim, and include the rationale and examples
“Unknown Fraud Symptoms” Please respond to the following:
• Construct a fraud scheme that would be less likely to be detected by someone using digital analysis. Assess the chances that you would get caught and which type of analysis is most likely to catch you. Support your scheme and assessment with examples and rationale.
• Your boss is a firm believer that Benford’s Law is the holy grail of fraud detection. Evaluate Benford’s law and propose the most likely types of fraud it could uncover for your boss. Propose the types of fraud it is less likely to detect. Support your proposal with examples.