UOP BSCOM 240 Week 1 Identifying and Eliminating Bias New Work
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
For more classes visit
Review Ch. 11 and Box 11.2 “Guidelines for Racial Identification” of Reaching Audiences.
Read the front page of The Kelsey Gazette and choose one of the headline stories.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you discuss potential bias in the story you selected and ways you can avoid bias as you conduct your own research. Address the following:
• Identify the bias and unethical use of information.
• What criteria could you use to improve the credibility of this story?
• How could you rewrite the story to eliminate the bias? Consider that your audience is a general audience consisting of men and women of varying education levels.
• How would you adapt your message to an audience made up exclusively of college professors?
• Discuss potential areas of bias associated with your own research topic.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.